Ars Nova Workshop and ICA Philadelphia present bi-weekly screenings of rare digital footage from Milford Graves’s archives, organized with the exhibition Milford Graves: A Mind-Body Deal. Screenings will be presented online throughout the run of the exhibition, September 28, 2020 – January 24, 2021, along with additional video selections and dialogues that contextualize Graves’s practice.
- Introduction Part 1: Speaking in Tongues
September 28–October 11
- Introduction Part 2: Festac ’77
- Research and Investigation: Heart Music
October 26–November 8
- In Performance Part 1: Collaborative Projects
- In Performance Part 2: Solo Work
November 23–December 6
- Encounters in Japan: Min Tanaka
- The Botanist: Graves in the Garden
December 21–January 3
- The Griot: Performative Lectures
- Yara Martial Arts Movements: Healing Arts
Screenings will be viewable on the Ars Nova Workshop and ICA websites beginning at 6PM and will remain online until the next scheduled program begins.
Milford Graves: A Mind-Body Deal, organized and presented by Ars Nova Workshop and Institute of Contemporary Art, University of Pennsylvania (ICA).